The Guppy Club
Hi, Kids! I'm Gus the Guppy and welcome to my under-the-sea world of fun!
There is so much to learn about fish and the oceans. Did you know there are 5 oceans in the world? Can you name them? They are the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Southern oceans. Check out some more Fun Seafood Facts:
- There are approximately 343 Billion BILLION gallons of water in the oceans of the world.
- The planet is approximately 71% water.
- The largest fish on record was a catfish caught in Thailand that weighted 646 lbs and was about 9 feet long.
- The largest tuna ever caught weighed 1496 pounds and was caught in Nova Scotia in1979.
- The oldest clam was 405 years old and is also the oldest animal ever recorded. The clam measured 3.4 inches across.
- Octopuses have 3 hearts
- Starfish do not have brains
- A scallop swims by clapping its shell open and shut and jet propelling itself in the water
- Fish do not have ears. They hear and feel vibrations on their bodies.
- Fish do not have eyelids and therefore can't blink.
Gus's Coloring Pages
Help us decorate our store! Color one of the under-the-sea pictures and bring it in to your Adelphia store and we will hang it up for all guppies to see!
Gus's Guppy Jokes
Why are fish so smart?
Because they live in schools.
What is the most valuable fish?
Why is it so easy to weigh fish?
They have their own scales.
What lies at the bottom of the sea and shakes?
A nervous wreck.
I went to the seafood disco last week... and pulled a mussel!